You are not logged in.

Announcement

[2017.09.08] DeployStudio build v1.7.8 (checksum, release note).
[2016.08.26] DeployStudio build v1.6.19 (release note).
[2013.02.23] DeployStudio last universal build v1.5.17 (release note).

#1 2019-08-14 20:40:35

s281er238

apfs image

I want to set up deploy studio for Mojave and I've heard that the apfs image won't work anymore with, Is anyone successfully able to create and Mojave image and deploy it to new apfs image macs

#2 2019-09-20 01:28:38

ChristopherOsborn

Re: apfs image

Okay, I might as well jump in here. I have a Mojave lab with 25 systems and I am successfully sending an APFS image to all the systems. I have two solutions: one for systems that still support netboot, using a High Sierra - Deploy Studio 1.7.9 boot, and one for systems that do not support netboot.

Netboot, High Sierra and DS1.7.9
This is pretty much straight up normal. There are a few quirks:
   * When booted in Netboot, you can't run a workflow if you do anything in Terminal before launching the workflow
   * APFS containers that span more than one drive (eg. APFS Fusion) don't work for either creating a Master or reimaging
   * The default APFS Master and Restore workflows kill the Preboot/Recovery partitions so you need to insert a little script after restoring an image to addVolume and then rename the folders to match the drive UUID of the system volume.

Non netboot, Mojave and DS1.7.9
It requires a little creative thinking and using a split partition (instead of APFS' Volumes)
   1) Create a relatively small 10GB partition with an OS and DeployStudio's app
   2) Hold option down to boot into your special DS boot partition
   3) Image as needed
This isn't quite as convenient as holding N down to re-image, but isn't terrible.

Last edited by ChristopherOsborn (2019-09-20 01:32:08)

Board footer