You are not logged in.

Announcement

[2017.09.08] DeployStudio build v1.7.8 (checksum, release note).
[2016.08.26] DeployStudio build v1.6.19 (release note).
[2013.02.23] DeployStudio last universal build v1.5.17 (release note).

#1 2019-07-19 14:32:38

MrSteve

1.7.9 Restores blank image

Hi,

I am using 1.7.9 and have created a master from a Mac running 10.13.6, which is APFS format. The image is sitting inside the APFS folder.
I can boot a new machine using a 10.13.6 NBI, and select my 10.13.6 image to restore.The DeployStudio Runtime offeres me the Unix name of the drive to restore to, such as /dev/disk2s0 for example, or "use first available disk" - these are the only options despite the drive being called "SSD" or anything else I name it. If I erase the drive in Disc Utility, I still only have those options.

Anyway, I select to use the first available disc. The restore session begins and the image downloads to the machine, the workflow ends, and the machine reboots.

On reboot, the Mac gives me the flashing ? folder icon. If I boot back in to Deploy Studio and select Disc Utility, it shows me that the drive in the machine is blank with no files used, and it is called "Container disk1"

Does anyone know what is happening here? Why does it restore my image then reboot with a blank disk?

Board footer