You are not logged in.

Announcement

[2017.09.08] DeployStudio build v1.7.8 (checksum, release note).
[2016.08.26] DeployStudio build v1.6.19 (release note).
[2013.02.23] DeployStudio last universal build v1.5.17 (release note).

#1 2017-12-04 22:26:48

jhilow

Errors Restoring macOS 10.13.1 Image

Hello All,

We are running into an odd issue.

We are currently using DeployStudio 1.7.8 server with USB boot keys also running 1.7.8 (that were generated on a computer running 10.13.1.)

We installed macOS 10.13.1  from scratch on a brand new MacBook Pro (the hard drive formatted as "APFS"), and that "build" computer was successfully uploaded to our DeployStudio server.

We then pushed that image to a second new MacBook Pro (formatting that hard drive as APFS prior to installing the OS image).  That image finished installing, but when we logged into the computer for the first time using an administrative account.
However, when we viewed the hard drive contents several folder aliases "VAR", "TMP" were appearing (that were not appearing on the original build computer).
If we attempt to delete those folder aliases, the computer will no long boot properly.

We captured the "build" computer a second time to the DeployStudio server, and got the same results when we tried pushing that image to a third new MacBook Pro.

I was wondering i anyone has experienced a similar situation when working with the 10.13.1 image?

Thank you,

Jim Hilow
Clark University

#2 2017-12-05 16:23:14

redclaw

Re: Errors Restoring macOS 10.13.1 Image

You need to hide the folders. I have a script added to my workflows that does this for me. The following should work from 10.6 upwards. I have the script set as the last item in the workflow and postponed execution until first boot.

#!/bin/bash

SCRIPT_NAME=`basename "${0}"`
SCRIPT_PATH=`dirname "${0}"`

echo "********************************************************************************"
echo "${SCRIPT_NAME} - v1.0 ("`date`")"
echo "Selected Target: ${DS_LAST_SELECTED_TARGET}"
echo "********************************************************************************"

file_list=(
    automount
    bin
    cores
    dev
    etc
    private
    sbin
    tmp
    Trash
    usr
    var
    "VM Storage"
    Volumes
    "Desktop DB"
    "Desktop DF"
    "Desktop Folder"
    lost+found
    opt
    .hidden
    .Trashes
    .vol
    Network
    vm
);

for file in "${file_list[@]}"; do
    if [[ -e "/$file" ]]; then
        chflags -h hidden "/$file";
    fi
done

exit 0

Last edited by redclaw (2017-12-05 16:25:04)

Board footer