You are not logged in.

Announcement

[2017.09.08] DeployStudio build v1.7.8 (checksum, release note).
[2016.08.26] DeployStudio build v1.6.19 (release note).
[2013.02.23] DeployStudio last universal build v1.5.17 (release note).

#1 2016-03-18 15:10:57

2ilent8cho

Repository access error

I'm trying to go through the first run wizard of Deploy Studio, so currently on the Repository Settings of the DeployStudio Assistant .

I have put afp://FQDNofServer/Share and afp://IPofserver/share and i keep getting 'the defined repository cannot be mounted. Please check your settings'

I know they are correct if i go to another Mac and go Finder, Connect to server and do AFP://nameofserver/shared it connects and mounts fine.

Really confused on what to do next, i'm just stuck.

#2 2016-03-19 13:17:42

mjsanders
Website

Re: Repository access error

Your method to troubleshoot the issue looks good to me.
some tips that may help (not sure)

-doublecheck the username/password the runtime uses to mount the share (with 10.7.x you have to re-enter all passwords in saved workflows)
(if possible: check connection log on server)
-your typing is not exact; your sharepoint is typed as.. /Share,.. /share and ../shared. If you make the same 'mistakes' while troubleshooting your are troubleshooting the wrong things :-)
-dns, dns, doublecheck dns.You could try afp://servername.local/Repo_Name .. because this even works with 169.254.x.x. addresses if dhcp fails. (but you write that even the ipaddress url fails, so see 1 and 2)
-Do the test of the Mac client connecting to the same server from same UTP outlet (to rule out VLAN or other connectivity issues)

#3 2017-08-11 23:51:27

Jondalf the Grey
Website

Re: Repository access error

omg, mjsanders, thank you SO much. I've been beating my head against my server, trying to figure out why my share wouldn't mount during setup, .local fixed it. I can already feel my migraine subsiding. MUCH THANKS!

"Zombies: 100% Post-Consumer Human. Reduce. Reuse. Reanimate." - OotS

Board footer