You are not logged in.

Announcement

[2017.09.08] DeployStudio build v1.7.8 (checksum, release note).
[2016.08.26] DeployStudio build v1.6.19 (release note).
[2013.02.23] DeployStudio last universal build v1.5.17 (release note).

#1 2013-11-06 18:46:27

jimkirk

Nightly Build & iMovie 10

For the developers:

It appears the current nightly build is stripping out the following file from iMovie 10 under Mavericks when included as part of the image:

/Applications/iMovie.app/Contents/Frameworks/StudioSharedResources.framework/Versions/A/StudioSharedResources

This causes the app to crash immediately upon launch.

If the file is on the master Mac prior to executing the default Create a Master workflow from the DeployStudio Runtime, it is removed from the DMG.  You can verify this by comparing the resulting DMG to the original disk.

Oddly, it only seems to impact iMovie, not iPhoto, iWork apps, or Garageband.

If you manually return said file to its original location from a known good copy of the application, it launches normally.

If you try to create a disk image of iMovie.app through Disk Utility, the file remains in place.

The only way I have been able to replicate the behavior is through the previously described workflow.

#2 2013-11-12 23:09:36

admin
Administrator
Website

Re: Nightly Build & iMovie 10

Did you see any file copy error during the disk image creation process?
It's completely handled by the hdiutil system command.

#3 2013-11-14 20:00:40

jimkirk

Re: Nightly Build & iMovie 10

No file copy errors either in the DS logs or system logs.  Oddly, I was able to get it to work successfully yesterday.  As this time, I am going to classify it as an intermittent issue.  As a result, I believe it may either be an issue with hard drive from which I was creating the clone or with the August 16, 2013 build of hdiutil.  I will report back if it happens again as I move forward with completing the production build.

Board footer