You are not logged in.

Announcement

[2017.09.08] DeployStudio build v1.7.8 (checksum, release note).
[2016.08.26] DeployStudio build v1.6.19 (release note).
[2013.02.23] DeployStudio last universal build v1.5.17 (release note).

#1 2012-08-30 00:20:38

cashxx

Runtime Log embed in background like before

The Display Runtime Log window isn't full screen and embedded in the background anymore, I liked it better when it was embedded in the background and out of the way.   You could watch it as it displayed stuff along the left hand side and was useful to troubleshoot, etc.

The way it is now, its always blocked by the Runtime window and you have to move stuff around and mess with things, which is cumbersome when you have a bunch of clients.

Any way to restore this log window to be embedding like before??   Reason this was changed?

** Be nice to have the option during creating the netboot set on whether you want the log to show in window or full screen like before, then people could choose want they want.

#2 2012-08-31 07:14:32

gnarf

Re: Runtime Log embed in background like before

When creating DS Runtime Booters it would be nice if one could select the initial positioning for log window: left, right, center.
I would say that the default postition for the log window should be on left?

And if we are getting fancy with this then there would be function which gets the screen width in pixels and resizes the login window width so it does not overlap the workflow selector window...?

#3 2012-09-10 20:45:29

gmac

I'm also interested in knowing with reason for the change to the log display. Can the logs be changed back to display in the background instead of a separate window? How do set that and are there any ramifications to doing so? Thanks!

#4 2012-10-08 21:37:38

Meat

I don't do that much imaging these days, but you can select the log window, resize (to full window), then select Runtime from the Window menu. You can even do this while the imaging process is under way, if I recall correctly...

When I don't anticipate any problems, I usually just leave the log window alone. If I have a problem, I use the log window full size, using the process above.

Having said that, I'm fine with it either way.

#5 2012-11-09 17:22:01

Darkomen
Website

Hi there !

A little off topic, I really like the idea of log in background. A the moment, I was making a shell script for install pkg at logouthook and I'd like to get the log in background, how did you make it ?

Sylvain - Admin OSX @ Cliczone

#6 2012-11-11 19:54:23

cdhw

The issue I have with the runtime log window is that there seems to be no way to make its background opaque, rather than translucent. The problem with the translucent back ground is that I find it very difficult to read the text because of the distracting image and runtime window that are always underlying it. (I often work from a laptop so screen area limits my options.)

My current work-round is to open Terminal.app, then re-size it to form a white layer between the log-window and the eye-candy below.

Pro-Tip: Holding down command-key allows you to resize windows without bringing them into the foreground.

Charles

#7 2013-08-22 22:46:24

peet1

I know this is an older thread, but is there anyway to do this? The way it is now makes monitoring a deploy not nearly as seamless.  Any chance this could make a comeback?

Thanks.Peet

Board footer