You are not logged in.

Announcement

[2017.09.08] DeployStudio build v1.7.8 (checksum, release note).
[2016.08.26] DeployStudio build v1.6.19 (release note).
[2013.02.23] DeployStudio last universal build v1.5.17 (release note).

#1 2008-04-07 23:38:56

marook

Admin opened in Runtime won't see Repository!?!

Hi All,

For some reason, I can't get DS Admin to 'see' the Repository when opened from the runtime environment.

I get the "Can't connect... using temporary repository" error message, and I'm not sure if it's correct or not, as sometimes, it seems as if some of the edits I do, is still there when booting the next Mac... strange! Where is this 'temp' repository then stored?

One issue associated with this, is that I'm not able to log into the Admin from my MBP, or even locally on the DS server.
It either suggest the hostname on the secondary interface (en1) or none at all, and if I type in the IP of the main interface (en0), if keeps complaining about not specifying port number (:60080[secure]) - but if I do, it's no good either.... ?!?!

So, what's up with these situations?

1: Runtime admin login not able to access DSR, even though Runtime has no problems?
2: DS Admin not able to access the DSR, when its not connecting to a 'auto-discovered' repository?

DSS: 1.0rc4

Best,

Last edited by marook (2008-04-07 23:39:54)

#2 2008-04-08 00:30:02

admin
Administrator
Website

Re: Admin opened in Runtime won't see Repository!?!

DSAdmin never mounts the repository. If you have this kind of error, it is probably due to the repository configuration (make sure you've defined a network repository).

Login issues may be related to the web proxy configuration. You need to bypass the proxy for the DeployStudio server.
Use safari to check the following URLs (secure means https):
  http://<dss-server>:60080
  https://<dss-server>:60443
The DSS equivalent notations are:
  <dss-server->:<port>[:secure]
If Bonjour is working, login panels should display the available DSS servers. In that case, only the server IPs are displayed, no need to add manually the port and optional secure tag.

Next nightly build includes a fix related to passwords encryption. Try to login with a simple user/password (<8 characters, only digits and letters).

Last but not least, DSS has not been qualified yet on a gateway server.

#3 2008-04-08 02:25:00

marook

Hi,

Thanks.

The DSS is set as Network repository, but I'll check with Safari next time. Nice to know it's possible to test that way!

Bonjour should be working, but, the DSS server is running on a 10.5.2 server with 3 interfaces, 1 VLAN as primary, en0 as second and en1 as third.

The strange thing is, DS Admin sometimes show the EN1 hostname (as resolved by DNS) as the auto-shown (Bonjour?) entry in the logon pane.

Some details:

VLAN2: 172.x.x.x, Primary interface, but only for NAT'ing to Internet.
EN0: 192.168.2.1, Second interface, [Main local]. AFP, DNS, DHCP, OD Master, DSS interface.
EN1: 10.255.255.2, Third interface, XSAN Meta LAN. This often shows up as the auto-shown interface in DC Admin.. !?!  Why?

The logon is set to admin/admin, so Very Basic..  ;-)

I guess the last note you make is the essential one.. or?  :-) What can we do to get further? Hand code the XML files?

#4 2008-04-08 09:52:54

admin
Administrator
Website

We have to work on this point before releasing 1.0.
In the meantime, try to setup the repository with the IP 192.168.2.1 that should be reachable from your netboot clients.

Board footer