You are not logged in.

Announcement

[2014.10.21] DeployStudio last stable build (release note).
[2013.02.23] DeployStudio last universal stable build (release note).

#1 2009-05-04 16:58:24

D_fresh

NSURLErrorDomain - 1012 , PLEASE HELP!

All,

This is my first post here at the forum. IM attempting to setup a DSServer + Repository on the same server, which is Running 10.4.10

- I am able to boot the netboot image, and it seems to mount to repository.
- When trying to create a master from a volume, it says its mounts the repository, and seems to copy it to the server
- It completes with no errors, but, in the background, on the "desktop" I see an error that says NSURLErrorDomain - 1012
- But, I do not GET an error. Also, the image I sent out to the repository is not showing in Finder.
- I do a spotlight search for it, and it shows up in spotlight, in the "workinprogress folder" fair enough, but its not in there
- So for giggles, in Spotlight, I drag the hfs.dmg file to the desktop, it copies just fine
- Then I manually put it into the HFS Folder on the repository, and boot from a Macbook, and it doesnt see the DMG in the repository, it does not see any?

I have all the accounts, permissions it seems set up correctly on the server, and after reading several other posts in the forums, im sticking with that thought. So If I could PLEASE get some help, Id so very much appreciate it, Im Pulling my F****** hair out! Thanks all!

#2 2009-05-04 19:17:21

geniusbar
DeployStudio Team

Re: NSURLErrorDomain - 1012 , PLEASE HELP!

Do you get this error before or after the image is done?
If it occurs after, it is probably the request which asks the server to post-process the disk image.
Before moving the disk image to the Masters/HFS/ folder, you need to scan it for asr with disk utility or asr command line.
When done, you may need to restart the DeployStudioServer service using the related System Preference.

#3 2009-05-04 19:27:38

D_fresh

This is not an error that popped up onto the screen. When the workflow window is up, if I move it to the side, I see , what IM assuming is a list of processes that have been created. Like a long list, and this is just written there. I have this working at another location in my district, and this error does show on the background.

Yes, the image finishes processing. With my other DSS servers< i can see the image being made, in the "WorkinProgress Folder". With this one, it does NOT show up in there, its IN there, but it seems to be invisible? I can do a spotlight search, for what I named the image to be, and it shows up, saying its in the Workinprogress folder, but its invisible.

i have the permissions on the folders, and sharepoints exactly the same on the server that works, as I do on this one. I have wiped out the Repository and everything once alrady to start from scratch. I cant even seem to find a description of what the NsurlErrorDomain -1012 means, I get several others, not the 1012 error though. Im puzzled.

#4 2009-05-04 19:36:34

D_fresh

asr imagescan --source <source>

Thats the correct command to scan asr correct also, just curious?

#5 2009-05-12 18:36:09

cps-tech

I have the same issue.  I am setting up DS for the first time (used to use Netrestore PHP before).  When I created the image from the volume, it "seemed" for finish processing, though the workflow window said something about post processing but it never finished.  I moved the image from the WorkinProgress folder into the HFS folder and scanned for restore using Disk Utility (completes successfully).  I can boot fine to the boot image, but when I try to resptore with the master, I get this same error after a couple of seconds.  Is that master dmg supposed to move to the proper folder by itself?  Should I have waited longer than the hour for just the post processing to finish up (the client did restart after making the master, but I wonder if the master still needed more work that never finished?

#6 2009-05-12 19:58:35

geniusbar
DeployStudio Team

The scan process should appear in the activity view of deploystudio admin after a few seconds.
The load of the server should increase significantly too.
If not, restarting the DeployStudioServer service using the related System Preference should relaunch the pending image scans (since rc12).

#7 2009-05-13 13:08:44

cps-tech

See, I expected to see something in the Activity view as well, but I have yet to see anything at all come up there (though I did not look until I was just about done with the master creation.)  I did try stopping and starting the service a few times, but nothing else seemed to fix it.  I guess I will try to recreate the image again, but it took so long last time.

Board footer