You are not logged in.

Announcement

[2017.09.08] DeployStudio build v1.7.8 (checksum, release note).
[2016.08.26] DeployStudio build v1.6.19 (release note).
[2013.02.23] DeployStudio last universal build v1.5.17 (release note).

#1 2017-11-10 14:05:38

hqonline

Repository access error

Hi

I'm running macOS server 5.4 on 10.13.1 and DS 1.7.8.

I've checked permissions everywere but when I boot a mac on netboot I get this message: "Repository access error
An error occured while mounting the repository!
I can click continue, but when I try to start a workflow i fails with the message that there is no more space in the repository.

Any tips ?

regards,
hq

Last edited by hqonline (2017-11-10 14:29:23)

#2 2017-11-13 18:08:00

Meat

Re: Repository access error

Typically, this is a configuration error where the admin sets up a "local" path (/repository/path/folder) instead of a network path (afp://server/sharename).
Check your DeployStudio server config by walking back through the DeployStudio Assistant.app on the server.

#3 2017-11-13 18:12:38

Trikster

Wish I had better news for you here...  I have the same issue on multiple machines running the same server, OS, and DS versions.  I can easily remote into the server with AFP and SMB, using the credentials that DS uses.  Repository on DS...no luck.

Here is my post regarding the issue: http://www.deploystudio.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?id=7978

Have yet to figure out a solution. I have recently got my hands on a 2017 model iMac with Sierra on it.  I am going to put HS on it along with DS to see if its the relative age of the computers I usually use that is causing the issue.

#4 2017-11-14 08:21:37

hqonline

> Meat wrote:

> Typically, this is a configuration error where the admin sets up a "local" path (/repository/path/folder) instead of a network path (afp://server/sharename).
Check your DeployStudio server config by walking back through the DeployStudio Assistant.app on the server.

Hi

I've checked the network path many times, also changed the folders, and checked permissions + propagated permissions, just to be sure.
But still no luck. But in macOS server 5.4 the file share service is gone, I don't know if this is a problem.

But in my head I think this is a rights-issue. I won't get access to the repository because of a missing rights somewhere..

Thanks for answering.

Regards,
hq

#5 2017-11-14 08:23:39

hqonline

> Trikster wrote:

> Wish I had better news for you here...  I have the same issue on multiple machines running the same server, OS, and DS versions.  I can easily remote into the server with AFP and SMB, using the credentials that DS uses.  Repository on DS...no luck.

Here is my post regarding the issue: http://www.deploystudio.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?id=7978

Have yet to figure out a solution. I have recently got my hands on a 2017 model iMac with Sierra on it.  I am going to put HS on it along with DS to see if its the relative age of the computers I usually use that is causing the issue.

Hi

Iv'e re-installed my server with 10.12 now and running 5.3.1. In 5.4 file share service is missing but in 5.3 it's there. Hopefully this will work again.

Thanks for answering.

Regards,
hq

#6 2017-12-13 18:27:20

Trikster

> hqonline wrote:

> > Trikster wrote:

> Wish I had better news for you here...  I have the same issue on multiple machines running the same server, OS, and DS versions.  I can easily remote into the server with AFP and SMB, using the credentials that DS uses.  Repository on DS...no luck.

Hi

Iv'e re-installed my server with 10.12 now and running 5.3.1. In 5.4 file share service is missing but in 5.3 it's there. Hopefully this will work again.

Thanks for answering.

Regards,
hq
---------------------------

On Server 5.4, the file share service is in the Sharing Pane of System Preferences.  Why Apple thinks this is somehow better, I am not sure.

Board footer