You are not logged in.

Announcement

[2014.07.10] DeployStudio last stable build (release note).
[2013.02.23] DeployStudio last universal stable build (release note).

#1 2009-04-16 23:13:18

joshuagarr

how to add more apps to Utilities menu?

I know that you've added the ability to add apps to the Utilities menu in Runtime but I can't seem to be able to get it to work.

I finally got around to installing the newest DS build and tried to add Disk Warrior to the new Utilities menu.  I installed it on a new macbook pro in the /Applications/Utilities folder, installed DS, created a new netboot image, served it up, and it works normally.  I can see the Utilities menu but the only items listed in it are:

Disk Utility
Startup Disk
System Profiler
Terminal

Why didn't the other apps in that folder make it into my image?  It should have included things like Console and Disk Warrior.

When I mount my deploystudioruntime.sparseimage file and look in Applications/Utilities I see the above 4 apps + DeployStudio Admin (which does not show up in the Utilities menu in Runtime).  What am I missing?

#2 2009-04-17 02:44:58

bpenglase
Website

Re: how to add more apps to Utilities menu?

Have you tried adding the other application into the spareimage  under application/utilities...

I will admit however, I was confused of where to put it too when the option was first given. I haven't even tried yet to add programs to know if any way worked.

#3 2009-04-18 22:05:48

geniusbar
DeployStudio Team

That's it. You need to mount the deploystudio netboot sparse disk image and copy your utilities to the /Applications/Utilities/ folder.

#4 2009-04-23 22:47:39

joshuagarr

Perfect, thank you both.

Board footer