You are not logged in.

Announcement

[2017.09.08] DeployStudio build v1.7.8 (checksum, release note).
[2016.08.26] DeployStudio build v1.6.19 (release note).
[2013.02.23] DeployStudio last universal build v1.5.17 (release note).

#1 2017-05-10 22:24:45

janthenat
Website

Runtime for self service

Just curious if anyone is using the "DeployStudio Runtime.app" on client stations to provide self service software installs?  I'm just looking into this to facilitate software "deployment".

Maybe I'm late to the game on this...  I've also just recently started using Active Directory groups to control access to items in the Runtime app.

The combination of AD groups for controlling access to items and installation of the DS Runtime app on client stations seems like a nice solution so far.  Still testing but it is looking good.

Sorry if this is common knowledge... I'm just excited because I finally decided to try it out and it works just like I hoped it would.  Yay DeployStudio!!  ;^)

#2 2017-05-11 10:01:21

mjsanders
Website

Re: Runtime for self service

Hi Janthenat,

Your use of Deploystudio is not very common I am afraid. It will work, but your task is not the main focus of the DS developers team.
Most admins will prefer solutions like Munki to deploy software. Advantage: has self-service app, plus (optional) required updates, which make it a better manageable solution, with very active user group to develop it. (more active than DeployStudio)
That said, do you have any issues using DS runtime?
I guess the main thing is testing what works best: install postponed or not ?

Last edited by mjsanders (2017-05-11 10:31:34)

Board footer