You are not logged in.

Announcement

[2017.09.08] DeployStudio build v1.7.8 (checksum, release note).
[2016.08.26] DeployStudio build v1.6.19 (release note).
[2013.02.23] DeployStudio last universal build v1.5.17 (release note).

#1 2017-04-27 08:25:20

MrSteve

Restoration fails - could not validate source

Hello,

I have created 5 new images using Deploy Studio. These all ended up in the tmp folder on the DeployStudio masters folder, so I manually copied them to the HFS masters folder. The images appear in DS Admin when I create a restore workflow, and the workflow is published and appears in the DS Runtime on the client machines.

When I select any of the 5 new images in DS Runtime, the client machine starts to erase the drive, then says "Could Not Validate Source- invalid argument" "Command failure XSTA" "Restoration failed"

Seeing as each of the 5 new images does this, I expect I have done something wrong but I am not sure what. Can anyone suggest a solution?

Thank you.

#2 2017-04-27 13:43:03

MrSteve

Re: Restoration fails - could not validate source

Looking at our logs, it seems that DS identifies the image file as 0.0MB, when it should be 40GB. This is causing the restore to fail. This seems to suggest the issue is permissions related when DSRuntime reads the image from our NetApp SAN. I have moved the image to an alternative SMB share and now DSRuntime identifies the image as 40GB in the log file and starts the restore process.

I'm not sure why this is as the SAN housed our older DeployStudio up until last week when I began to update things. The same credentials have been used but the restore fails as detailed above, hence moving to a different share.

I hope this might help others who are searching for the error in my original post.

Board footer