You are not logged in.

Announcement

[2017.09.08] DeployStudio build v1.7.8 (checksum, release note).
[2016.08.26] DeployStudio build v1.6.19 (release note).
[2013.02.23] DeployStudio last universal build v1.5.17 (release note).

#1 2016-10-03 15:13:32

wesselman94

Automatic installation image

I hope you can help me with this situation. i want a workflow for mavericks, yosemite , el capitan & sierra what automatic installs this systems. i have downloaded the installation from the app store and create it to an image. with the image i created a master because i thought this was the right way. but when i netboot and start the workflow i get the apple installation wizard but i want it fully automatic.

Maybe you have the steps to follow how te create a automatic installation workflow

#2 2016-10-03 21:28:52

mjsanders
Website

Re: Automatic installation image

If you want fully automatic, you need to enter (at least) an name for the computer, add and admin user for the computers, and apply these settings in the workflow after the deployment, and set the appropriate options on/off for settings like 'skip setup assistant' (this will only work if a user is applied :-)
etc.
you need to make four workflows: Install OS version A,B,C,..
and each workflow has at least 3 steps:
-create partions (to wipe completely),
-restore image (OS version of choice, dmg make with AutoDMG), target volume (name created in step 1)
-Configure (tick all boxes you filled in for the computers), 'skip setup assistant.

Tip: If you have a lot of computers, put them in a group and apply settings, users, to the group.

good luck with testing, you will need a few tests before all works as expected and you have not forgotten some set of data, or one checkbox :-)

#3 2016-10-04 14:41:03

wesselman94

Thanks! This is working fine. is it possible to upgrade the systems like el capitan --> Sierra without losing any data? What are the steps i need to follow

#4 2016-11-25 16:24:22

mjsanders
Website

see http://www.deploystudio.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?id=7797

Board footer