You are not logged in.

Announcement

[2017.09.08] DeployStudio build v1.7.8 (checksum, release note).
[2016.08.26] DeployStudio build v1.6.19 (release note).
[2013.02.23] DeployStudio last universal build v1.5.17 (release note).

#1 2016-09-21 14:49:32

computeronix

App Store Code Sign DeployStudio - Very Important Now

Developer(s) of DeployStudio:

It is very important now with the release of macOS Sierra that the packages be signed with apple (this does of course require $100 bucks a year).  With the release of Sierra there is no longer a GUI option for Gatekeeper for those NOT running Profile Manager with the option Anywhere set.

If you look into Apple System Preferences Security there will only be two options

See this image for a picture
http://i.stack.imgur.com/wosP7.png

The two workarounds are as follows

--If you are a managed mac utilizing profile manager (or managed profiles) -> when you set the option to Anywhere on that option, the option will then once again appear and be enabled for managed macs

For none managed macs you can run the following command to enable anywhere option: sudo spctl --master-disable     If you want you can re-enable at any time with: sudo spctl --master-enable

#2 2016-09-21 14:50:32

computeronix

Re: App Store Code Sign DeployStudio - Very Important Now

FYI if the app does become signed and trusted by apple it would also resolve this issue

http://www.deploystudio.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?id=7339

#3 2016-09-24 01:02:14

Meat

The other workaround, if I'm not mistaken, is to right click the package and choose "Open".
This will present the previously available dialog box in which you can choose to open anyway.

Yes?

#4 2016-09-26 13:09:53

computeronix

That didnt work for me and also if I go to the Gatekeeper settings and click the Open button from the last file that was blocked (DeployStudio) that did not work either

#5 2016-09-26 15:40:17

Mystery Man

What about terminal methods of enabling specific apps?  Would something along the lines of the commands below work, possibly repeating it for each of the apps inside the DeployStudio Admin app?

xattr -d com.apple.quarantine "/Applications/Utilities/DeployStudio Admin.app"
spctl --add --label "DeployStudioAdmin" "/Applications/Utilities/DeployStudio Admin.app"
spctl --enable --label "DeployStudioAdmin"

#6 2016-09-26 18:13:49

Meat

I just did this in Sierra (right-click, choose open, click open in the warning dialog box) and it worked just fine.

Still works.

#7 2016-09-27 10:21:46

mjsanders
Website

The option 'always' is removed in Sierra, but the option - open still works, and I agree with Apple that it is more secure to allow non-singed app installation only on app by app choice.

It is a pity that DeployStudio is not signed, but I guess one of the reasons is that the developers like to remain incognito.
It is only on the first install on the server one has to override the gatekeeper message, what the admin will do. The runtime (used by more persons) has the (self-signed) cert built-in so no messages.

Board footer