You are not logged in.

Announcement

[2017.09.08] DeployStudio build v1.7.8 (checksum, release note).
[2016.08.26] DeployStudio build v1.6.19 (release note).
[2013.02.23] DeployStudio last universal build v1.5.17 (release note).

#1 2016-06-08 14:29:41

janthenat
Website

Changes to server setup after install

Probably a dumb question, but I'm choosing to look before I leap...

I have an existing DeployStudio server setup, configured, and working, to which I want to make a change (add Active Directory group security).  Are there any problems with just running the Assistant on the server and making the necessary changes?  I'm assuming I just choose "Set up a DeployStudio Server" and step through filling in all the existing data, adding the AD Group security info at the "User groups" step.  I just want to make sure that this procedure won't mess up any of my Repository data and whatnot.

Thanks.

#2 2016-06-09 21:01:27

Meat

Re: Changes to server setup after install

After the server is bound to AD, then you can add the appropriate user groups from AD.
You may also need to grant access to file sharing, AND the repository share.

Having done that, test with various user accounts from the group/s. Nested users and groups have been problematic in the past, if I recall correctly.
That is, you add an AD group (Group A), but that group contains other groups (Group B, Group C,..) that contain users you want to have access. Groups B and C may not get traversed for user auth...

You might have some luck with adding a local group to the server, then adding specific users to that group. It means a bit more trouble if you have high turnover, but it might be the least problematic. It's an option...

Adding or removing users from the DeployStudio settings should not "in and of itself" impact the contents of your repository data. I couldn't say what impact it might have on your "whatnot."

Board footer