You are not logged in.

Announcement

[2017.09.08] DeployStudio build v1.7.8 (checksum, release note).
[2016.08.26] DeployStudio build v1.6.19 (release note).
[2013.02.23] DeployStudio last universal build v1.5.17 (release note).

#1 2015-03-18 11:35:30

andrei.labin

Overview for Nested Workflows

With the advent of nesting Workflow 10 deep, one easily looses overview and troubleshooting is often tedious because workflows need to be followed and expanded manually step by step with a piece of paper. It would be nice if the Admin-Application could provide a feature to expand a workflow (read-only, down to the individual tasks, including content of the tasks) and display it in a separate window, maybe even making it printable or pdf-able.

#2 2015-03-18 17:57:40

Nathan Fisher

Re: Overview for Nested Workflows

though much less likely to actually *happen*, the best way to convey that would be a graphical display.  a graphical tree would be more of a challenge to implement, but a vertical display similar to finder's turning-down-to-expand folder structure (in list view) would be just as clear, and would be immensely easier to code.  I hope they consider doing that at some point in the future.

Last edited by Nathan Fisher (2015-03-18 17:57:57)

#3 2015-06-05 15:05:19

andrei.labin

I realise this would not be easy to code.
I'd be also happy if there was a feature to show me the pre and post dependencies on an object.
We have loads of workflows and packages that I dare not delete because I don't know if some other actively used workflow will break because of this.
We have about 440 packages and 300 workflows. Much of this is obsolete, but cleaning through that without really knowing what is still in use makes the sweeping time-consuming and non practicable with current ressources.

#4 2015-06-08 16:42:38

Strawgate

To be honest this is probably the reason admin didn't want to implement workflow nesting.

It's an advanced feature and it requires good organization and a lot of careful attention.

That being said, workflows are just a bunch of Plists in the deploystudio repository so you can pretty easily grab the GUID of a workflow and figure out everywhere it is used.

Board footer