You are not logged in.

Announcement

[2017.09.08] DeployStudio build v1.7.8 (checksum, release note).
[2016.08.26] DeployStudio build v1.6.19 (release note).
[2013.02.23] DeployStudio last universal build v1.5.17 (release note).

#1 2007-10-29 16:01:34

CMGeorge

Relation between DeployStudio and DeployStudio Server

I'm playing with DeployStudio Server, and I'm somewhat impressed. It's clearly still a "work in progress," but it's quite usable in it's current form.

The thing I'm a bit unclear about is the relationship between DeployStudio and DeployStudio Server. First: it looks as if both products can use the same repository. Is this accurate?

Second, I see that DeployStudio has one "runtime" application, and DeployStudio Server has another. Can one use the DeployStudio runtime in conjunction with a DeployStudio Server? Will DeployStudio Runtime return job status to a DeployStudio Server?

Third, will both products be maintained and developed ongoing, or is the focus going to be mainly on one of the products?

#2 2007-11-12 00:16:31

admin
Administrator
Website

Re: Relation between DeployStudio and DeployStudio Server

Hi, DeployStudio Server should be considered as some kind of DeployStudio 2.0.
We don't intend to spend more time of the monolithic DeployStudio 1.x.

To be clear, DeployStudio v1.x has been split in 3 applications to prevent starting an automated workflow on your administration laptop accidentally ;-)
Now, the Runtime only executes workflows, Admin only serves to manage the repository content and the daemon acts as repository proxy which allows you to administer remotely your repository whitout mounting it (as DeployStudio v1.x does).
Another benefit of this deamon is that you can request and init the multicast of a disk image remotely (ASR) from the Runtime or Admin applications.

So if you use DeployStudio Server, don't use DeployStudio v1.x as they don't know each other.

Board footer